Networks and Cooperations
As an "An-Institute" of the University of Ulm, ILM has a direct link to academia. The President of the University is mandatory member of the Board of Trustees; additional seats are reserved for professors of the university. Currently, two of ILM scientists are professors at Ulm University and members of the Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science and the Faculty of Natural Sciences, respectively. So ILM can offer themes for bachelor, master, diploma and doctoral theses. By joint projects there is a lively scientific exchange with scientists from the university and the hospital. ILM´s dermatological laser clinic is operated in close cooperation with the University Department of Dermatology. In addition, ILM hosts the common "core facility" laser scanning microscopy, and the "chorioallantoic membrane" model substituting animal experiments.
Furthermore, ILM is working together with universities and other academic institutions and is involved in networks.
Cooperation with joint projects currently exist with:
- University of Ulm
- University Hospital of Ulm
- University of Stuttgart
- University Hospitals of Tübingen, Munich
- Universities of Applied Sciences Ulm, Aalen, Reutlingen
- NMI - Natural and Mathematical Institute, Reutlingen
- Max-Planck-Institute for Polymer Research, Mainz
- Prokhorov General Physics Institute, RAS, Moscow, Russia
- Institute of Applied Physics, RAS, Laboratory of Biophotonics, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
- German University Cairo (GUC), Cairo, Egypt
- Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
- National Laser Centre, CSIR, Biophotonics Group, Pretoria, South Africa
- University of Johannesburg, Laser Research Centre, Doornfontein, South Africa
- University of Stellenbosch, Laser Research Institute, Dept of Physics, Matieland, South Africa
Membership or activities exist in the following organizations:
- Photonics BW e.V.
- German Society for Laser Medicine DGLM e.V.
- WLT - Scientific Society Laser Technology
- German Society for Nondestructive Testing DGfzP
- MITT Minimally Invasive Medicine and Technology Tübingen - Tuttlingen
- EVIGEM-The European Virtual Institute of Geometry Measurement
- Bioregio Ulm
- BioPro Verein zur Förderung der Biotechnologe und Medizintechnik